Predictive and Proactive Service
MET Service incorporates predictive and proactive service tasks which are performed on the covered electrical component(s) and/or connection(s). The following tasks, as appropriate, shall be conducted:
- Compare equipment nameplate data with drawings and specifications.
- Inspect physical, electrical, and mechanical condition.
- Torque all connections and terminations to applicable specifications.
- Verify appropriate anchorage, required area clearances, physical damage, and correct alignment.
- Inspect all mechanical indicating devices for correct operation and indication.
- Clean interior and exterior of equipment, including vacuuming or blowing out as required.
- Perform minor repairs (i.e. replace missing knock-outs).
- Compare service results and trends in order to determine appropriate actions to minimise the likelihood of an unscheduled power loss or safety hazard.